2016 – Let’s be having you
So I can’t say 2015 was a particularly bad year for me, but I wouldn’t say it was that memorable a year either.. It was one of those years that just kind of ticked along. There were of course good times, say the holidays in Norway, many laughs with the bf, friends, family and colleagues, much obsessing over Justin Biebers new album (not sure if that’s a low or a high) countless balls of yarn knitted and crocheted with my skills forever improving.. But not a lot of new things happened this year, let’s call it the year of routines, I guess that’s just a part of growing up, but I don’t feel like I got the most out of this year. So for 2016 I’m hoping to make the year count!
We all make little lists (more like little lies) of things we will do better in the year to come, cue that Bridget Jones moment, and we do good for perhaps a month if we’re lucky but then it just all tends to fall apart and we go back to our old habits again. But for my own sanity and wellbeing, I’m hoping to make a few changes this year that will stick.
So here it goes, my 2016 New Years resolutions!
– Get back into staying fit, come first week of January I’m re-joining the gym, lucky for me a Pure Gym has opened up nearby! I used to love going to the gym and eating healthy, who doesn’t love feeling great about themself and looking good? I have of course spotted some new stylish workout gear (any excuse to shop), a girls gotta look good while working off that extra biscuit that was “forced” on her in work.
– Eat healthier and go out less at lunchtime, imagine the money I’ll save, money that could be spent on shoes, or yarn! I’ve been terrible lately with my eating habits, way too much cheese and grease.
– Consume less alcohol, I won’t say I’m doing dry Jan as we all know that’s a lie, but lesser trips to the pub would probably do my body, mind and wallet a favour. And perhaps that pint of lager should be a G&T instead!?
– Read more, I go through periods of reading lots and then suddenly nothing. It’s been a while since I’ve found a good book series so perhaps I’ll devote a lunchtime to some research, if you have any suggestions, please share (I’m a massive fantasy fan, vampires and all that stuff, preferably with an insanely hot troubled guy in the lead).
– Blog more! I’ll make sure to share my fitness journey once started and let you know how I get on with this little list! Of course I’ll also share any new knitting projects.
– Be more creative, there’s so many fun things to do and see creatively in London, why aren’t I taking advantage of this?
– Travel more, there’s so many places to explore and people to meet out there, I need more adventure in my life! Also, if I stop spending half my salary on lunch and pub trips I’d easily be able to afford it.
– Save more, me and the bf are saving for a house so the quicker we could get out of renting the better. Oh, and we could get a cat!
– and last, but not least, BE MORE POSITIVE!
Happy New Year all, and here’s to 2016!